Custom Industrial Equipment
Astro Metal Craft was founded in 1987 as a fabricator of custom industrial equipment, primarily for the food processing industry. Since then, we have expanded to a greater variety of industries.
Scope of Work
Today, the custom industrial equipment we fabricate are in many different industries. These industries include machine frames, stainless steel tanks, screening and filtering equipment, spiral gravity chutes, food dryer plates, and OEMs for a multitude of industries. We also fabricate component parts for the railroad industry. Certainly, we now build high-tolerance steel parts for train systems that need unique, custom parts and equipment. Hence, our scope of work for railways include wagon parts, fresh and grey tanks, rail bracketry, rail switches, switch rods, rail crossings, sliding chairs, plus railroad cantilevers.
The Perforating Work Horse
Our Trumpf TruPunch machine gives us amazing sheet metal perforating capabilities, indeed. Thus, combining perforating with the welding, laser cutting, forming, and finishing gives us the ability to fabricate complex designs all in our shop. This is why we are able to delight our clients in their needs for custom industrial equipment. So, our work space is strategically filled with just the right metal fabrication machinery. We do this along with the know-how needed to fabricate in order to “Wow our Customers.” And that is exactly our goal.
Who We Service:
- Engineering firms or teams that need specialized equipment built
- OEMs in need of quality fabricated equipment and/or parts
Custom Industrial Equipment Industries:
- Food processing
- Automation and production equipment
- Material handling equipment
- Power generation, energy, and biofuels
- Municipal and industrial water
- Train, car units, railway and railroad systems
The Value We Provide:
- One stop shop for most fabrication needs
- Certified, top of the line welding while CWI on staff
- Expert metal fabrication for stainless steel and aluminum
- Consistent quality by adherence to our certified QC program
- Shorter than average lead times while adapting to customers’ timelines
- We are reachable and responsive. A live person answers our phones.
- Value engineering and design for manufacturing- ME and Drafting team on-site
- Knowledge with experience to bring success to our customers
- State-of-the art perforating (punching) capabilities
- CNC Forming, Machining, laser Cutting, plus Saw cutting
- Partner with others for coatings, including powder coating, anodizing, and other applied finishes
- Can help meet diversity goals because we are certified DBE, WBE, and TGB