Salary: $26.00 to $29.00 /hour
Astro is a custom metal fabricating company seeking candidates that are very familiar with press brake set up and operating. Astro is a high mix low volume shop, with parts ranging in size and complexity. Position will mainly focus on press brake operation but will also need to perform other fabrication operations from time to time.
Work Activities (include but not limited to):
- Set-up/operate press brakes
- Operate CNC punch
- Operate laser
- Move or lift heavy objects
- Use hand or power tools, (hand grinder for de-burring)
- Read prints, and use precision measuring tools to verify conformance to specifications
- Operate forklift to move material, parts, or equipment
- Plan or organize work
- Work in other areas as needed such as sawing, machining, others
- Other duties as assigned
Requires standing and moving around throughout entire shift. Requires lifting up to 40 pounds regularly and up to 80 pounds occasionally. Requires paying attention to what is going on with the parts and machinery. Requires being highly accurate; may run several machines at one time. Requires wearing common protective or safety equipment including steel toed boots/shoes, safety glasses, and hearing protection.
- Press brake set up
- Familiar with Cincinnati Press brake
- Familiar with Mazak Laser
- Familiar with Trumpf Punch
- Monday – Friday 6:00 am – 2:30 pm
- Monday – Thursday 12:30 pm – 11:00 pm
- Start times are flexible as agreed upon with supervisor
Astro Metal Craft is a trusted manufacturer for architectural metals and railings, perforated metals, custom industrial equipment, and metal fabrication services. Astro is a family-operated business that strives to fabricate the best metal products possible to deliver great solutions for our clients.
Astro offers health insurance, dental plan, disability insurance, 401K with company contribution, Employee Assistance Program, PTO, paid holidays, and company outings/events.
Astro is located in beautiful Hanover, 30 miles NW of the Twin Cities. We are just over the border into Wright County.