Hanover, MN 55341
Salary: $22.00 to $35.00 /hour
Opening for a Drafter / Detailer at Astro Metal Craft
Come join the exciting team at Astro! We are a custom metal fabrication shop located in Hanover, MN. We are a family-friendly and caring company. Looking to hire immediately for the right candidate after completion of interview process.
Must be proficient in Solid Works or Tekla for modeling and detailing of fabricated metal products.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Transform an initial product concept or work off Architectural drawings to create 3D models using Tekla or Solidworks
- Create manufacturing working drawings from 3D models which include dimensions, isometric, and exploded views along with information required to manufacture.
- Detailing Stairs, handrail, miscellaneous metals & ornamental metals Comply with all applicable codes and contract specifications.
- Create Approval, Fabrication, Erection drawings and Bill of Materials for misc. metal projects.
- Modifies existing designs based on Project Manager requirements.
- Check/redline the work of other Drafters
- Work within engineering team to prepare jobs for shop release
Education: Associate Degree in Drafting or a related field.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be familiar with manufacturing processes related to machining, sheet metal, and welding.
- Must be proficient in designing parts, weldments, and sheet metal parts.
- Must have strong attention to detail, and organizational skills, working in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Must have strong basic computer skills and a competent level of experience in MS Word and Excel.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and work well in a team environment.
- Must have mechanical aptitude for how industrial / architectural products are assembled.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and must have strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
- Read and interpret architectural drawings and specifications.
- Work with project Engineers and Architects to interpret/resolve design issues.
- Work closely with Fabrication to interpret/resolve layout and/or detail issues.
- Perform field measurements to translate into custom layouts and fabrication drawings, as required.
- Phone interview (15-20min)
- Online assessment
- In person interview w/ drafting test
Wage offer will be contingent upon demonstrated experience during the interview process.