Salary: $18.00 to $26.00 /hour
Machine Operator (Sheet Metal Fabrication)
Astro Metal Craft is seeking a Machine Operator to fabricate sheet metal parts according to prints, and work in other areas of shop as needed. Ideal candidate has metal fabrication experience.
Astro Engineering & Manufacturing is a trusted manufacturer for architectural metals and railings, perforated metals, custom industrial equipment, and metal fabrication services. Astro is a family-operated business that strives to fabricate the best metal products possible to deliver great solutions for our clients.
Job Activities & Responsibilities
- operate CNC punch (Trumpf)
- operate laser
- operate press brakes (Cincinnatti)
- operate metal shear
- sharpen tooling
- set up production equipment or machinery
- load or unload sheet metal onto machinery
- use precision measuring tools to verify conformance to specifications
- use hand or power tools, (hand grinder for de-burring)
- count products or materials
- operate forklift to move material, parts, or equipment
- plan or organize work
- work in other areas as needed such as sawing, machining, etc.
This position requires standing and moving around throughout the entire shift, while paying attention to what is going on with the parts and machinery. It requires being exact or highly accurate, and you may run several machines at one time. Wearing common protective or safety equipment including steel toed boots/shoes, safety glasses, and hearing protection is mandatory. This position also requires lifting up to 40 pounds regularly and up to 80 pounds occasionally.
Astro offers a 90% paid health insurance, dental plan, disability insurance, 401K with company contribution, Employee Assistance Program, PTO, paid holidays, and company outings/events.
Job Shifts Available
Second shift: 12:30 pm – 11:00 pm, Monday – Thursday
Start time flexible